The Partner, Enterprise Labor Relations will oversee and manage the labor relations activities within our organization. As a Partner, Enterprise Labor Relations, you will be responsible for fostering positive employee relations throughout the organization, ensuring compliance with labor laws, proactively, lawfully, and reactively responding to any organizing activities, and supporting all aspects of labor relations regarding union representation, as applicable. Your expertise in labor relations will be essential in maintaining our productive and harmonious working environment.
- Maintain an ongoing focus on fostering positive employee relations while championing the Company’s culture and values through collaboration with management, legal counsel, and human resources to develop and implement positive labor relations strategies and employee relations programs.
- Actively participates in the Labor Relations Steering Committee and provides updates and recommendations based upon ongoing monitoring of internal and external conditions in the labor landscape.
- Conduct vulnerability assessments across business units to lawfully identify areas of greatest risk and create action plans to mitigate accordingly. In addition, leverage all data points of employee feedback, including but not limited to roundtables, exit interviews, engagement surveys and other employee engagement platforms such as WorkStep to identify engagement opportunities and mitigate labor law risk.
- Utilize available data to develop and facilitate developmental training across the organization to enhance positive employee relations and company culture.
- Travel, as needed, to company sites, to serve as the primary point of contact and subject matter expert for the company in connection with any union related activities (organizing, election campaign, etc.) or as needed related to current and ongoing labor relations strategies.
- Travel to any location involved in material organizing activity would be expected and could be extensive for the duration of that activity.
- In the event union representation in implemented at any company site in the future, travel and activities may include (not all inclusive):
- Serve as the primary point of contact and representative for the organization in labor relations matters such as: participating in negotiations of bargaining agreements (inclusive of preparing proposals, analyzing data, and representing the organization’s interests), grievance procedures, communications, and conflict resolution with labor unions or employee representatives.
- Provide advice and guidance to management on labor relations issues, labor contract interpretation, union grievances, disciplinary actions, and labor-related policies.
- Mediate and facilitate dispute resolution processes, including grievance procedures, arbitrations, and labor-related investigations.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with labor unions, employee representatives, and other stakeholders.
- Research and remain informed about current and emerging labor relations laws, regulations, and industry trends and best practices. Utilize this information to ensure compliance and develop proactive labor relations strategies and policies.
- May be called upon to investigate and respond to complex employee relations issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations, EEOC, and NLRB complaints. Responsible for investigating and providing advice and counsel on all escalations of potential organizing activity in partnership with the business and respective Human Resources partners.
- Provides support to other Human Resources team members in various matters including associate relations, talent acquisition and retention, policies, and other Human Resources initiatives.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial or Labor Relations, Human Resources, Business Management, related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in related field such as Labor relations, collective bargaining, and employee relations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Automation/enhancement tools (PowerBi, Microsoft Flows/Lists, PowerApps, SharePoint, Teams) experience a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of labor laws, regulations, and industry practices.
- Strong negotiation, mediation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to build trust and effectively collaborate with employees, union representatives, and all levels of management across varied business units.
- Excellent time management skills with demonstrated success at meeting deadlines and effective self-direction.
- Proven ability to analyze data, research labor-related issues, and provide strategic recommendations.
- Ability to manage activities (union campaign, negotiations, etc.) simultaneously across multiple sites.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and work with sensitive information.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
About The ODP Corporation: The ODP Corporation (NASDAQ:ODP) is a leading provider of products and services through an integrated business-to-business (B2B) distribution platform and omnichannel presence, which includes world-class supply chain and distribution operations, dedicated sales professionals, a B2B digital procurement solution, online presence, and a network of Office Depot and OfficeMax retail stores. Through its operating companies Office Depot, LLC; ODP Business Solutions, LLC; Veyer, LLC; and Varis, LLC, The ODP Corporation empowers every business, professional, and consumer to achieve more every day.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification and are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified. Other duties may be assigned.
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule: The company offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
How to Apply: Click the Apply Now button and follow the instructions on each page. When you have completed the application, click the submit button.
Equal Employment Opportunity: The company is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records City & County of San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.