Location: 6600 Military Trail, Boca Raton, FL, United States
Requisition Number: 80681
The Director, Key Retention creates and executes strategies that will grow sales and drive the direction of retention teams while developing and sustaining exemplary sales competency for existing customers. The incumbent will provide insight into the creation and realization of sales initiatives and be a key contributor to the strategy of the broader Business Sales Division. This role will ensure the assigned area and line of business delivers on all key objects to grow market share and build shareholder value. Researches and understands where the best market opportunities for the respective line of business are within the region based on prospects, capabilities, and resources, and properly deploys the correct strategy to maximize results.
In addition to owning profitable sales growth, this role will be responsible for the annual operating plan and sales forecasting, budgeting, and adherence to ensure the business maintains a competitive position in the market which meets or exceeds our commitments to our stakeholders and the investment community at large. This position will also serve as a key collaborator across a broad spectrum of internal and external partners inclusive, but not limited to: External vendors, Marketing, Human Resources, Finance, Merchandising, Sales Operations, and the Executive Leadership team.
1. Organization Development: Leads the management, development, and evolution of the team to ensure the readiness of a talented organization focused on the aggressive profitable growth of products and services. Provides the direction, development and coaching of all associates as needed to reinforce their professional capabilities and to maintain an organization of investment grade associates. Effectively implements and monitors programs such as hiring, compensation, performance appraisals, and employee training and development. Responsible for managing and developing a high-level sales team.
2. Revenue & Profitability Growth: This position is responsible for the growth and retention of existing client base. The incumbent will be responsible for attaining agreed upon sales objectives and developing the budget to ensure effective operations within budget parameters. Continually evaluates business development opportunities in support of ongoing profitable growth. Ensures the full and complete compliance of all selling activities to Company standards and to all federal and state regulations.
3. Customer Focus: Leads the organization to ensure strong customer relationships. Develops a culture of customer focus to drive success. Uncovers new business opportunities and presents business case to senior management to improve overall sales profitability.
4. Operating Budget: Leads and coordinates with Sales Finance the preparation of an annual operating budget across all functional areas to deliver an annual plan with growth and income targets. Implement business controls (monthly reviews, etc.) to ensure an ongoing focus on annual business performance and actions required to achieve annual plan metrics. Report financial results (margin and revenue sales and trends). Recommend sales and market strategies. Assist in the design of the sales incentive programs as needed.
5. Strategic Planning: Leads the strategic planning process to develop the “road map” for profitable business growth. Continually refreshes plan performance milestones to levels that are achievable, but which challenge the organization to grow the business profitably. Assesses the market potential and builds a sales plan and incentives consistent with Corporate goals. Ensures effective execution of tactical and operational segments of the sales plans for all products and services relevant to regional scope.
6. Matrix Teamwork: Maintains a direct level of communication with the Vice President, Division and Company Corporate functions in support of an integrated work environment. Inspires the Management Team to plan business objectives, develop organizational policies and to coordinate functions, with an express purpose to develop customers and grow the business profitably.
7. Marketing Development and Vendor Relationships: Provides leadership guidance and support in the development and management of marketing strategy for customer relationships to enable optimal business growth with trade partners. Constantly reinforces the focus on developing vendor relationships and vendor programs as the leading priority in the business with all associates. Constantly monitors and reports to other team members and internal management all market intelligence that may positively or negatively impact practices and operations.
Education & Experience: Bachelor’s degree, or relevant experience required
Area of Study: Business Administration, Marketing, Merchandising
Years of Experience: Minimum 7-year experience in related field
Type of Experience: Sales, Marketing
Skills and Ability:
• Ability to lead an organization to achieve revenue and profitability targets.
• Ability to manage and lead complex projects within a multi-channel large organization.
• Proven success in executive leadership assignments with a successful P&L track record.
• Decision making ability with a bias for action and sense of urgency.
• Capacity to execute work in a rapid and efficient manner.
• Strong conceptualization and communication skills augmented by diplomacy.
• Personal “bandwidth” to function in a matrix management environment on an international basis.
• Strategic thinker with the ability to convert concepts into tactical plans effectively.
• Excellent leadership skills with the ability to effectively lead a team across a large geography.
Information Systems: Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint
• Must be always personable and presentable.
• Must be a self-starter and able to make own decisions in timely manner.
• Able to take direction well and execute efficiently and effectively.
• Flexible with respect to change initiatives.
About The ODP Corporation: The ODP Corporation (NASDAQ:ODP) is a leading provider of products and services through an integrated business-to-business (B2B) distribution platform and omnichannel presence, which includes world-class supply chain and distribution operations, dedicated sales professionals, a B2B digital procurement solution, online presence, and a network of Office Depot and OfficeMax retail stores. Through its operating companies Office Depot, LLC; ODP Business Solutions, LLC; Veyer, LLC; and Varis, LLC, The ODP Corporation empowers every business, professional, and consumer to achieve more every day.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification and are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified. Other duties may be assigned.
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule:
Compensation Range = Minimum: $101,700 to Maximum: $174,150.00 (for Salaried/Exempt roles)
The company offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! You will be eligible to participate in the ODP Business Solutions Sales Incentive - a program measured on Sales/Margin metrics; paid in accordance with the Incentive Plan terms and conditions. For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
How to Apply: Click the Apply Now button and follow the instructions on each page. When you have completed the application, click the submit button.
Equal Employment Opportunity: The company is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records City & County of San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.