Location: 6700 Auto Mall PKWY, Fremont, CA, United States
Requisition Number: 81367
Shift: 1am (may vary a little with volume)
Salary Range: $66,560 - $90,000 depending on experience plus you will be eligible to participate in the Distribution/Transportation Management Incentive
The Supply Chain Operations Manager is responsible for managing, executing and optimizing Supply Chain strategies as it relates to the daily distribution and transportation activities within assigned area(s) of a market. This may include, but is not limited to, functional responsibility for one or more departments such as receiving, order fulfillment, shipping/loadout and/or transportation. This position is responsible for P&L management, staffing, and ensuring the execution and accountability of KPIs, regulations and associate safety. This position will actively engage and interact with site and regional leadership to implement work process design and flow to improve performance and overall efficiency. The Manager, as a member of the leadership team, will continually identify ways to improve our operations and ensure that both internal and external customers receive the highest level of service. The Manager sustains a cohesive and effective team within his or her area of responsibility by managing and developing associates to achieve high quality and productivity in concert with the company's goals and company values.
• Plan and Manage the efficient receipt, storage, order fulfillment and loading of inventory and/or transportation, through vigilant focus on KPI’s, Quality and Service goals; utilizing forecasting methodologies and tools.
• Plan and Manage Multi-Departmental P&L’s, with accountability for cost containment and efficiency.
• Implement Lean methodology and use the principals to lead continuous improvement with teams.
• Recruit, hire, train and develop Distribution and/or Transportation associates; ensure coverage planning for staffing requirements and resource allocations.
• Provide leadership and motivation for 20-30 direct report associates. Communicate effectively with associates and create an open communication style that fosters a collaborative work environment.
• Conduct associate performance reviews, ongoing performance discussions, and salary review recommendations. Monitor, observe and record productivity, quality and utilization for assigned area.
• Administer training, qualification, safety programs and ensure regulatory compliance.
• Communicate and administer policies and procedures in assigned area.
• Ensure that the physical condition of the work areas are conducive to a healthy and safe working environment.
• The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
Education & Experience
• Three or more years of experience in a production, logistics, transportation, or business-to-business distribution facility
• Two years of managerial or leadership development experience preferred
• Leadership role in Distribution, Transportation, or Operations preferred
• Black Belt certifications in 5s or Dale Carnegie courses preferred
• Bachelors degree or equivalent experience preferred but not required.
• Microsoft Office
• Strong communication and leadership skills, strong knowledge of warehouse and/or transportation operations and procedures, proven decision-making capabilities, ability to manage and motivate employees.
• Knowledge of Warehouse/Transportation operations, Warehouse/Transportation Management Systems, Inventory Control processes and / or logistics preferred.
• Cloud based systems and other ad hoc reporting
• Self-motivated, team player
• Ability to set and manage expectations; observe and monitor work progress
• Lead through change and deliver critical coaching and feedback on associate performance
• Flexibility to meet the needs of the business
• Financial literacy - ability to forecast business and adjust to business conditions.
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule
The company offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! $$66,560 - $90,000 depending on experience plus you will be eligible to participate in the Distribution/Transportation Management Incentive For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification and are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified. Other duties may be assigned.
How to Apply
Click the Apply Now button and follow the instructions on each page. When you have completed the application, click the submit button.
The job posting will remain open for a minimum of 3 days and will expire once the position has been filled.
About The ODP Corporation
The ODP Corporation (NASDAQ:ODP) is a leading provider of products and services through an integrated business-to-business (B2B) distribution platform and omnichannel presence, which includes world-class supply chain and distribution operations, dedicated sales professionals, a B2B digital procurement solution, online presence, and a network of Office Depot and OfficeMax retail stores. Through its operating companies Office Depot, LLC; ODP Business Solutions, LLC; Veyer, LLC; and Varis, LLC, The ODP Corporation empowers every business, professional, and consumer to achieve more every day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The company is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records City & County of San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.